James Ellis, Ph.D.
Dr. Ellis has over 25 years’ experience as a marriage, family and group psychotherapist and as a pastoral counselor. He works with individuals, couples and groups on a variety of issues including grief and loss, anxiety, depression and interpersonal communication.
Dr. Ellis received a Masters degree from Yale Divinity School, and a PhD in Psychiatry and Religion from Union Theological Seminary (NYC). He completed his clinical training at the Blanton-Peale Institute in individual, marriage, family and group psychotherapy.
He holds the following professional credentials:
* Fellow in the American Association of Pastoral Counselors,
* Approved Supervisor and Clinical Member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy.
* Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the States of New York and New Jersey.
* Certified Group Psychotherapist though the American Group Psychotherapy Association.
* Ordained Clergy person in the American Baptist Churches, USA.
* Dr. Ellis has a private practice in Manhattan as well as offices in Bronxville and Scarsdale through The Counseling Center.